On Tuesday, July 31, 2012, the successful European project Active Access, which lasted three years, ended.
The main objective of the Active Access project was to increase the use of the bicycle and, above all, to increase walking on short daily routes in local areas, which is beneficial to people's health and the success of the entire local economy. The project sought to move from longer journeys by car to a short walk on foot or by bicycle by influencing the changing perceptions of routes among residents in the local neighborhood. The name "Active Access" because it is about reducing travel distances, based on the principle that traveling is just the way of getting from point A to point B. The project has contributed to significant savings of energy and had an impact on the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and transport costs.
Activities that were carried out within the project "Active Access":
- A campaign "Traffic Snake" was conducted in two elementary schools and two kindergartens in Gornja Radgona and Murska Sobota;
- Activity for the general public with the slogan "Shopping in Murska Sobota on foot or by bike";
- Activities for companies with the slogan "Safe on a bicycle in Murska Sobota";
- Promotional walking map of Murska Sobota;
- A thematic film titled "Together on the path of hearts" was created, which was presented at parents' meetings with parents and teachers in elementary schools in the City Municipality Murska Sobota;
- Presentation of the project and promotion of active and sustainable mobility within the framework of the annual European Mobility Week;
- Presentation of the project and promotion of active and sustainable mobility to all visitors of the Petrov Fair, which took place on June 29, 2012 in Gornja Radgona.
On the link below, you can see all about the Active Access project: http://www.active-access.eu
The project also produced a film that is in English. The film as a whole or as a separate chapter can be viewed at http://www.active-access.eu/start.phtml?ID1=2490 & id = 2503. The same link is available to you a brochure is produced, where all the achieved results are gathered, as well as the acquired experience and lessons learned.
- Active Access Dissemination Plan.pdf (996.8 KiB)
- Active Access Local Dissemination Plans of the Application Partners.pdf (1.4 MiB)
- Active Access Report of Initial Training: Graz - Murska Sobota – Koprivnica, 7 -10 September 2009.pdf (1.1 MiB)
- Active Access Stakeholder Exchange Event in The Hague on 16-17 November 2010.pdf (2.8 MiB)
- Active Access Stakeholder Involvement Plan.pdf (965.9 KiB)
- Active Acces Walking and cycling to school and kindergarten.pdf (1.0 MiB)
- Active Access Evaluation Plan.pdf (1.1 MiB)
- Active Access Evaluation Report.pdf (1.1 MiB)
- Active Access - Encouraging Active Travel for Short Trips to Improve Health and the Local Economy.pdf (2.0 MiB)
- Active Access Concept Plan.pdf (1.0 MiB)
- Active Access Power Point Presentation.ppt (2.1 MiB)
- Active Access Pridobljena spoznanja in izkusnje projektnih aktivnosti.pdf (1.1 MiB)
- Active Access Report with lessons learnt from best practice studies and adaptation to local context.pdf (1.6 MiB)
- Pes ali s kolesom po nakupih.pdf (363.0 KiB)
- Pes ali s kolesom v sluzbo.pdf (343.9 KiB)
- Pes ali s kolesom v solo.pdf (340.6 KiB)
- Pes ali s kolesom za zdravo in aktivno prezivljanje prostega casa.pdf (336.9 KiB)
- Soboski kolesarski kazipot - za poti pes ali s kolesom.pdf (1.1 MiB)
- Sodelovanje interesnih skupin.pdf (987.9 KiB)
- Evropski projekt Active Access- splosne informacije.pdf (1.3 MiB)
Film "Together on the Path of hearts"
The purpose of the film is to raise awareness of the parents who drive their children by car to school in order to try to send their children to school in an environmentally friendly, healthy and safe way (bicycle, foot) thus relieving the school environment. By monitoring a child in a school on foot or by bicycle, mutual trust grows between parent and child, and in this way the child receives the necessary experience for participating in traffic.
The film "Together on the Path of hearts" was presented to parents at parent-teacher conferences in the school year 2011/2012. More than 500 parents and 100 teachers from five elementary schools in the municipality of Murska Sobota have watched the film. After viewings at schools, a debate was held between parents, where experts from the Council for Road Traffic Prevention and Education, Traffic Police from Murska Sobota and the Centre for Health and Development Murska Sobota tried to find new solutions for overburdened school environments.